The Southeast Asian Ministers of Education Organization, Regional Training Center in Vietnam (SEAMEO RETRAC), in collaboration with British Columbia Council for International Education (BCCIE), is delighted to announce the 2018 International Conference focusing on Leadership and Management in Higher Education in a Globalized World: Innovations and Best Practices. The Conference will be convened on July 5 -6, 2018, at SEAMEO RETRAC’s premises – 35 Le Thanh Ton Street, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam. The Conference will be once again a global platform for discussion, collaboration and intellectual exchange among educational leaders, academicians and professionals in related areas of higher education from all over the world.
The main goal of this 2018 Conference is to update the participants with trends and practices in leadership and management in higher education; thereby, they can be better prepared to face challenges at their workplace. The Conference is also aimed at addressing critical issues related to the identified sub-themes of the Conference by covering a wide range of topics relating to innovations and best practices in higher education leadership and management. Specific objectives of the Conference are:
- To provide a professional platform for knowledge exchange, experience sharing and update of current trends in higher education leadership and management among speakers and participants;
- To provide academicians and professionals with unique opportunities for presenting and exchanging research-based results related to innovations and best practices in leadership and management in higher education from global higher education institutions; and,
- To help develop a global network and linkages among policy makers, educators, leaders and researchers as well as professionals working in the field of international and higher education for future development.
We are interested in inviting prospective researchers, educators, practitioners, and participants with a professional interest in leadership and management in higher education to attend the Conference. The conference is also encouraging and inviting contribution of research papers and findings that analyze and study the aforementioned fields to the Conference.
Key theme and sub-themes
Leadership and Management in Higher Education in a Globalized World:
Innovations and Best Practices
- Leadership in Policy Innovation in Higher Education
- University – Industry Partnership Development
- 21st Century Skills Development in Higher Education
- Technology for Innovative Teaching and Learning
- Teacher Education and Satisfaction Improvement
- Research Development in Higher Education
- Quality Assurance in Higher Education
We welcome participation from local, regional and international individuals including:
- Educational leaders;
- Educational administrators/managers;
- University professors, researchers;
- And others with interest in education and training.
Time and Venue
SEAMEO Regional Training Center (SEAMEO RETRAC), 35 Le Thanh Ton Street, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, July 5–6, 2018
Language and Presentation
The language of the conference is English – no translation provided. Presenters are asked to take 15 minutes to present their ideas (PowerPoint can be used). The organizers envision an interactive conference with presentations followed by questions and answers and discussion of the ideas presented. Papers should not be too theoretical nor too specifically “here’s what we do” but address the practical aspects of leadership and management in higher education with strong focus on innovations and best practices undertaken in different areas as in identified sub-themes of the Conference.
Abstract and Paper Submission
The Organizing Committee is inviting the submission of abstracts and papers including the brief biographies of the writers/authors by the deadlines indicated below. Content of the papers must be related to the theme and/or sub themes of the conference.
The abstract should not be more than 300 words and electronically submitted to email@example.com using MS Word format. The abstract should be proceeded by the title of the paper, the name(s) and institutional affiliations of the author(s). The font should be Times New Roman, in 12pt and single space needed. The abstract must be submitted by April 20, 2018. The announcement of abstracts that have been accepted for presentation will be within 15 working days of receipt (not including weekends) and by no later than May 14, 2018.
Papers should include a title, name(s) and affiliations of all authors, and be in MS Word format. Postal address, telephone number and e-mail address of the author(s) are also required. The paper must be submitted by June 8, 2018 (including references, notes, and tables, if any). The font should be Times New Roman. The text of the paper should be in 12pt font, single space and the length of the paper should not exceed 10 pages. All accepted papers will appear in the proceedings.