The Southeast Asian Ministers of Education, Regional Training Center in Vietnam (SEAMEO RETRAC), in collaboration with British Columbia Council for International Education (BCCIE, Canada) and under the sponsorship of Capilano University, Canada, is delighted to announce the 2021 International Conference focusing on Global Leadership and Management in Higher Education: Innovations and Best Practices which will be convened on October 28-29, 2021.
This year, the Conference will be conducted in a blended format, which combines both face-to-face and virtual meetings. In order to restrain the participants from overseas travelling during the Covid-19 pandemic, international speakers and participants will join the Conference via the Zoom platform and watched the Conference streamed on Youtube Live. Concurrently, Vietnamese speakers and participants will take part in the Conference organized at SEAMEO RETRAC’s premises – 35 Le Thanh Ton Street, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
The Conference will be once again a global platform for discussion, collaboration and intellectual exchange among educational leaders, academicians and professionals in related areas of higher education from all over the world.
The main goal of this 2021 Conference is to help the participants update and exchange information about best practices and effective innovations in leadership and management in higher education to be better prepared for the future. The Conference is also aimed at exploring innovative ideas and practices related to current leadership and management strategies, quality assurance and accreditation, industry and university partnership, technology applications, and global citizenship education.
- To create an educational platform for educational professionals and practitioners in sharing information, updating knowledge, exchanging up-to-date research-based results and embedding innovations in leadership and management in higher education;
- To explore top-issues related to challenges affecting leadership and management practices as well as identify solutions for coping with these issues; and,
- To develop a global network and linkages among policy makers, educators, leaders and researchers as well as professionals in the field of international and higher education for future development.
Global Leadership and Management in Higher Education: Innovations and Best Practices
- Leadership and management strategies for thriving through the crisis
- Quality assurance and accreditation in higher education
- Strengthening the industry and university partnership
- Technology applications for advancing leadership and management practices
- Global citizenship education in the post Covid-19 pandemic
The International Conference this year will be conducted in a blended format with a combination of both face-to-face and online meetings. For international speakers and participants, the Conference will be conducted via the Zoom platform and streamed on Youtube Live. Concurrently, Vietnamese speakers and participants will take part in the Conference at the SEAMEO RETRAC’s premises – 35 Le Thanh Ton Street, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
Speakers of the Conference are educational leaders, practitioners, professionals and researchers who are invited to share their experience, expertise and research findings with the Conference’s participants through their papers or presentations.
Participants are from local, regional and international institutions including:
- Educational leaders and practitioners;
- Educational administrators/managers;
- University professionals, researchers; and,
- Others with an interest in education and leadership and management in higher education.
English will be the only language used for the whole conference.
Time and Venue
For Vietnamese speakers and participants:
- Time: October 28-29, 2021
- Venue: SEAMEO Regional Training Center (SEAMEO RETRAC), 35 Le Thanh Ton, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
For international speakers and participants:
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, this Conference will be also organized online via Zoom for international speakers to conveniently share their ideas and join the discussions with others. The Conference is also open to registered participants by live-streaming concurrently through SEAMEO RETRAC’s Youtube.