Call for Papers
The Committee of the International Conference on TESOL in Vietnam invites proposals for papers, workshops and posters for our 2017 Annual Conference.
The 8th International Conference on TESOL will be jointly organized by the SEAMEO Regional Training Center in Vietnam and Curtin University in Australia.
The conference provides an excellent venue for academics, researchers, students and professionals in the field of English language education to share and discuss research findings, experiences, and practical and theoretical issues related to the teaching of English to learners of different backgrounds, levels, interests and motives.
ELT in the 21st Century: Challenges & Opportunities
- Fostering learner autonomy in ELT
- Redefining the roles of teacher and learner in ELT
- Creating an engaging environment in ELT
- Linking English learning in the classroom to the real world
Time & Venue:
- Date: August 10-11, 2017
- Venue: SEAMEO RETRAC, 35 Le Thanh Ton Street, Ben Nghe Ward, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
All local, regional and international students, teachers, lecturers, trainers, researchers, scholars, administrators, publishers, and others working or with interest in the field of English language teaching and learning are welcomed.
Language & Presentation:
The language of the conference is English.
Proposals for presentation/workshop/poster:
- Paper presentation: The content of the proposal should include all of the elements of a research, practice, or theory-focused work. Max 30 minutes (15-20 minutes for presentation & 5-10 minutes for Q&A)
- Workshop: The most critical element of your workshop proposal is the description of the activity and how the participants will be engaged. (Max 60 minutes)
- Poster: The proposal should clearly describe the type of information (or product) that will be displayed.
If you are proposing a paper/workshop/poster, please submit an abstract for presentations at the Conference. The abstract should be preceded by the title of the paper, the name(s) and institutional affiliations of the author(s).
- Word Limits: Abstracts must be no longer than 300 words and must be relevant to the conference theme and clearly describe the presentation’s purpose, methods, data sources, existing literature and potential contributions to the field.
- Font: A standard font, such as 12pt, Times New Roman – should be used when formatting the text.
- Submission: Your submission can be made electronically at email@example.com until April 24, 2017
- Notification: Successful abstracts which have been selected for presentation will be announced by May 22, 2017
The bio-data, not exceeding 100 words, briefly introduces yourself and is written in the third person. It should be submitted electronically with the abstract using Microsoft Word. Your bio-data will be printed in the Conference Booklet.
|Closing date for abstract submission||24 April 2017|
|Notification of selected abstracts||22 May 2017|
|Deadline for full paper submission||10 July 2017|
|Early registration||Before 15 June 2017|
|Deadline for presenter registration||15 June 2017|
|Deadline for participant registration||03 July 2017|
|Deadline for exhibitor registration||10 July 2017|
|Deadline for PPT presentation files & handouts||17 July 2017|